Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Vol VII No. 785 - Part 5

TO OUR HEALTH




FOR OUR SPIRIT/SOUL


GOING GREEN



MOST UNUSUAL



No Hawaii state ID? Kingdom of Hawaii ID accepted at UH libraries

By Ben Gutierrez | March 10, 2016 at 2:16 AM HST - Updated July 24 at 4:55 PM
HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - If you're not a University of Hawaii student and want to borrow a book from one of the system's libraries, you still can. If you're a community member, you can apply for a Library card if you present some from of identification, such as a Hawaii driver's license.
However, if you don't have a Hawaii driver's license, UH will also accept an I.D. from the Kingdom of Hawaii.
"That strikes me as odd because I've investigated and research the competing groups claiming to represent the Kingdom of Hawaii, and all of which claims are certainly not recognized," said investigative reporter and blogger Ian Lind, who has been critical of the groups.
While photo identification cards from the Kingdom of Hawaii aren't generally accepted as legal I.D., they will be accepted to apply for a UH Library card.
Lind said he came upon the provision when he was doing some other research at Hamilton Library at UH Manoa.
He wondered, "Oh, what if you use your own Library card. (I) looked it up. Sure enough, there it was in the written rules, online."
The rules say that community members may apply, using a Hawaii State Driver's License, Hawaii State I.D., Military I.D., or Kingdom of Hawaii I.D.




RECIPES


JUST FOR LAFFS


KOOL MUSIK/DANCE






No comments:

Post a Comment